In Strategic Planning and Resume Guidance for Transitioning Veterans and Spouses presentation, you will learn important points on how to plan your transition into civilian employment and how to translate your military experience into a 2-page resume.
This is the content of the curriculum but at full scale which will be tailored for the event.
- Strategic Planning – Introduce current facts about the job market as well as veteran and spouse-specific realities
- Truth About the Job Market
- Roadmap to Your Career Transition
- Self-Perpetual Barriers to Employment
- Statistics: Veteran Barrier Perceptions
- Employer-Identified Advantages to Hiring a Veteran
- Conduct a SWOT Analysis
- Veteran Education
- Labor Market Information
- Salary, Median Earnings, and Income
- Make Your Exit Plan
- Job Search Strategies
- Resume Writing – Discuss the fundamentals of resume writing that will get the resume beyond the application
- Types of Resumes
- Overview of Core Categories for Corporate Resume
- 10 Second Test
- Each Section in Review
- Tailoring Your Resume
Jamie Rimphanli joined Hire Heroes USA in May 2015, and started as a Transition Specialist. She was promoted to Area Manager of the Los Angeles office before moving to Employment...